3 replies to this topic

#1 Loony

Loony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hey,

I saw the game in the Origin store and am really interested in buying this game (mainly for the multiplayer aspect). Although I have a couple of questions about the game:

1/ Most importantly, is the multiplayer still alive and going strong?

2/ Secondly, I have seen a few threads about problems buying it from certain places and finding games in multiplayer. If i bought from Origin would I be able to play multiplayer with everyone or should I buy the game from Steam or Unigine?
I would prefer to buy it from Origin but if it doesn't give me access to play with everyone then I am willing to buy from elsewhere.

Thank you in advance!
Loony

#2 Urfoex

Urfoex

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Buying from Unigine will give you also the Steam version.
There are "two" multiplayer. One is over the Steam-network and the other a standalone complex from Unigine.

So if you buy from Unigine you will have access to both versions. With both you will have a better chance then with one.

Side-note: The Unigine network version is currently in beta but it works very well. You can join the IRC with your favorite client at #oilrush channel at irc.oilrush-game.com and see where is there and would play. Currently those are not much. I don't know how much are playing on the Steam-network.

Have fun playing!

#3 Loony

Loony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Thank you! Hopefully I will see you around on IRC once I learn how to play :)

Should I download the V1.09 BETA? I'm assuming that's the one you said everyone was playing?

#4 Urfoex

Urfoex

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

You should try both. The Steam version and most probably the 109beta (because of best/newest multiplayer additions for easy connection and play) so you reach most people.
A good way might also be to ask for a match here in the forum.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users