#1 watchvombat

watchvombat

Project Manager

• Unigine
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your patience, we are finishing our work on the global dedicated server!

For those who don't know (or who have already forgotten):

Global dedicated server will allow users from all supported platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) play together.
Unfortunately it is still not possible to play with Steam users from Linux due to technical limitations of Steam API.

We have also added interface to enable chat in the lobby. Now you can arrange your games and see who are going to play OilRush. Choose your enemies and beat them in the cruel rush for oil!

What to do with this beta stuff?
  • You can download beta-version of Oil Rush (version 1.08) from Unigine Online Store. Why beta? We need your help to test in severe reality of various network configuration.
  • You can also join #oilrush channel at irc.oilrush-game.com server via regular IRC channel to see who is looking to play now.
To check out these new features:
Please, keep in mind it's BETA version, so, not every network types could work!

When you fail to connect, please, send us log files, both from client side and from server side, as well as your network settings.

Thanks for your help!

#2 Ypnose

Ypnose

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationFrance, At the top of the Eiffel tower

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

As I did before (with many others), I'll help you guys and I'll give you some feedbacks. See ya later on servers.
Unigine staff is doing an amazing work.
Wanna taste Trance: http://forum.ah.fm Posted Image
ArchLinux| Phenom II X4 955 BE | 8Gb DDR3 1333MHz Corsair + Kingston | Asus GTX460

#3 maizuddin

maizuddin

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur , Malaysia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Will be trying this new beta. Great job guys. Patience level reduce ... :)
using....
ubuntu 12.04 & windows 7

#4 glaasje

glaasje

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Awesome!!!!
When i get in reach of my laptop, i will come and chat... :-)

#5 b3nn0

b3nn0

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Bug in the german translation:
"Stero depth" for 3D displays is translated as "Stereo Klang" which is something related to sound and has nothing to do with graphics.
The correct translation would be something like "Stereo 3D Tiefe" or something like that. (or maybe only "3D Tiefe").

2: the "always display unit health" option is translated as "Einheiten-GP immer anzeigen".
I have no idea what GP should mean. I don't know that abbreviation. I think "Einheiten-HP immer anziegen" would be better.

#6 b3nn0

b3nn0

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

3: The "cinematic mode" option is not translated at all (or should it be like that?)
I don't know what it should do, so I can't give a proper translation.

4: The cinematic mode ingame by double-clicking units or pressing F after sending them does not seem to work any more.

#7 Serge Kanashchuk (mrred)

Serge Kanashchuk (mrred)

QA engineer

• Unigine
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Hi, everyone,

we deeply appreciate any help in beta-testing of the match-making server.

We will review the German translation before the official release, so if you have any other notes about translation (including Campaign), post it here or send me your notes directly (mrred@unigine.com).

Thank you all for your feedback and support!
It's great to have you with us! See you online :starwars:

#8 Finalfantasykid

Finalfantasykid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Sounds awesome. Are there any other changes in this version? Is the crash for ironhide/bumblebee users fixed?

#9 Serge Kanashchuk (mrred)

Serge Kanashchuk (mrred)

QA engineer

• Unigine
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Are there any other changes in this version?

Lot's of 'em! Can't tell anything :) Watch for our updates here and on the official facebook page of the game.

Is the crash for ironhide/bumblebee users fixed?

I'm not sure that there is much we can help you with. We are not supporting non-proprietary drivers and, as we stated previously, support of ironhide/bumblebee is not among items in Oil Rush roadmap.

#10 Ypnose

Ypnose

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

It was really fun to talk with some Unigine guys :)
ArchLinux| Phenom II X4 955 BE | 8Gb DDR3 1333MHz Corsair + Kingston | Asus GTX460

#11 binstream

binstream

Producer

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationTomsk, Russia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

all Unigine guys are now playing on an internal test server to deliver improved version before the weekend

#12 Serge Kanashchuk (mrred)

Serge Kanashchuk (mrred)

QA engineer

• Unigine
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Bug in the german translation: "Stero depth" for 3D displays is translated as "Stereo Klang" which is something related to sound and has nothing to do with graphics. The correct translation would be something like "Stereo 3D Tiefe" or something like that. (or maybe only "3D Tiefe"). 2: the "always display unit health" option is translated as "Einheiten-GP immer anzeigen". I have no idea what GP should mean. I don't know that abbreviation. I think "Einheiten-HP immer anziegen" would be better.

Thank you for your notes in German! We changed some of the strings that you wrote here:-)

#13 Urfoex

Urfoex

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

At Credits (Mitwirkende):
"Software-Datenbanken" would be Software-Databases, should be "Software Bibliotheken" -- from Software Libraries.
Options: missing translation for "Show subtitles" and "Cinematic mode"

GP might be "Gesundheitspunkte" from "Health-Points" (HP) ;-)
So GP would be more right.

#14 luziferius

luziferius

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

GP might be "Gesundheitspunkte" from "Health-Points" (HP) ;-)
So GP would be more right.

who the hell would say that? "Lebenspunkte"(LP) wouldn’t sound that strange (for me), but HP is just fine (and I think it’s the most common)
Posted Image
*My System*
Spoiler

Posted Image

#15 tuxator

tuxator

• Pre-Order
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'd agree with luziferius, if you want to translate it, "LP(Lebenspunkte)" would be the best translation but most people know what "HP(Healthpoints)" means...

#16 pxc

pxc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Is there any way for those of us who purchased the game on Desura to get access to this beta version?

#17 Desti

Desti

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

1.10 should be available for everyone soon.

#18 Ypnose

Ypnose

Advanced Member

• Pre-Order
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

For now, I can't play online because I have many things to do. But it would be a pleasure to play online and NUKE you everytime. :nuke:

#19 tuxator

tuxator

• Pre-Order
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

After I opened the Internet connection panel a week ago (where it showed a server, but I didn't had time to actually play so I logged off again), I opened the Internet panel again today and after a few seconds the game crashes (someone forgot a try...catch block, eh?) anyway, errorlog is attached. Error is reproducable.

What is interesting is, that the log.html that is generated by the game doesn't have the actual error in it, in the log.txt you can see the actual error in the last line (obviously).

Don't know if that is caused by the game crashing (thus destroying the (File)Stream before it could be flushed) or if that is a seperate error?!

*edit
tried to get something with gdb, no luck. There is no stack and when entering "info registers" I get "The program has no registers now. "

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   9.64KB   3 downloads
  • Attached File  log.html   16.65KB   1 downloads

#20 ANet

ANet

Network developer

• Unigine
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationTomsk, Russia

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thank you for the bug report, tuxator

Does it crashes every time you open Internet game window?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users