Thanks for your patience, we are finishing our work on the global dedicated server!
For those who don't know (or who have already forgotten):
Global dedicated server will allow users from all supported platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) play together.
Unfortunately it is still not possible to play with Steam users from Linux due to technical limitations of Steam API.
We have also added interface to enable chat in the lobby. Now you can arrange your games and see who are going to play OilRush. Choose your enemies and beat them in the cruel rush for oil!
What to do with this beta stuff?
- You can download beta-version of Oil Rush (version 1.08) from Unigine Online Store. Why beta? We need your help to test in severe reality of various network configuration.
- You can also join #oilrush channel at irc.oilrush-game.com server via regular IRC channel to see who is looking to play now.
- Download the beta-version 1.08 (https://store.unigin.../accounts/files)
- Choose Multiplayer-->Internet
- Chat a little
- Chat some more
- Create a game or join one
- Enjoy :)
Please, keep in mind it's BETA version, so, not every network types could work!
When you fail to connect, please, send us log files, both from client side and from server side, as well as your network settings.
Thanks for your help!