• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pfloom

pfloom

• Pre-Order
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

I haven't played the game a great deal, so I haven't got a good handle on all the strategic possibilities, but I feel that the tower game could be improved.

At the moment (playing against the AI), the game seems to be an early rush for key factories, which can subsequently be very well defended by towers and a few units while you use the numeric superiority that you've hopefully built up to slowly eliminate your opposition, and if you do not have numeric superiority it is very difficult to come back from a bad position.

My feeling is essentially that the strength of towers combined with relatively few drawbacks for building them (they compete with abilities, but not units) leads to a situation where the gameplay is more static than it needs to be.

Some suggestions:

Make the number of towers each factory can have adjustable, up to the current maximum. You could then tune the defensive abilities of factories with each map.

Make units cost oil upkeep (along with some oil produced at the starting base, perhaps), and oil dropping to 0 will reduce the unit limit. This effectively makes towers more expensive, and buying them too fast will be at the expensive of mobile forces.

Just make towers significantly more expensive.

Of these, I think I potentially like the first one the best. I'm not sure if any of them are ideal, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users